1. What is VOC?
VOC (Verification of Conformity) service involves checking conformity of goods according to national standards or an international equivalent. At the same time it encourages importers and exporters to understand the need for compliance and its benefits. For ad hoc or first time shipments, importers go through the basic shipment process: documentary evidence is required to prove compliance with the required standards, or the goods can be tested in an approved laboratory( If your factory has valid ISO certificate, the tests could be conducted in your own lab). The shipment will be subjected to physical verification to ensure that the documents match the products and that no deviations are found. Regular shipments can be treated under registration or licensing.
2. About IQIC
IQIC is a 3rd part inspection Agency authorized by Iran Government: ISIRI, Iran Custom and Iranian Banks to issue the VOC/COI (verification of conformity), IC (Inspection Certificate) for pre-shipment inspection, container stuffing/Loading supervision, marine supervision and all kinds of technical inspection.
3. Our Network
Our head office is located in Tehran, Iran. Our global presence offers you the convenience of international expertise combined with local service where you need it. Our network in many countries: China, UAE, Turkey, Europe, Japan, Korea, India, etc. All the cargo shipped to Iran could be inspected by our qualified and experienced inspectors.
4. Who pays for the inspection?
It could be the government, importer or exporter depending on the destination country (see corresponding datasheet on Web site).
5. Are all goods subject to inspection?
No, some goods may be prohibited and others can be exempted, depending on the destination country (ask me for confirmation).
6. What is the difference with product certification?
VOC is limited to verification of conformity of goods per shipment to a specified country. Product certification usually applies to the product without any geographical limitation and is based on testing and factory audits.
7. What is the difference between PSI and VOC?
- PSI (Preshipment Inspection) is the assessment of quantity, price verification and customs classification prior to the shipment of goods. It provides advice to the customs in order they may collect the correct revenue.
- VOC (Verification of Conformity) checks conformity of goods to relevant national or international standards, taking into account the local specificities (language...).
8. How to apply for VOC certification?
Following docs and the basic information of products is required.
1. PI ( Proforma Invoice ).
2. The standards of the ordered products and HS code.
3. Valid ISO 9001/ TS16949 certificate.( If no ISO, pls kindly let us know)
4. Delivery method: LCL / FCL( numbers of containers)
5. Inspection address
6. Buyer's contact information